Basketmouth’s Book: Before I Write A Book Part 2

Ace comedian Basket Mouth announced last week that he was going to release an autobiography. As an incentive, he dropped a teaser for the public. Well, here's is the second part of that teaser from his book – "Before I write a
book".

-As I pay respect to those great men
that changed my life, the seemingly
little gestures that shaped me and
have made me who I am… I recall
another long evening…
Year 2000, Fame pre-award concert.
Dele Olukoju and Wale Oluwaleimu
were the stage/project managers. I
had met Wale before then and he had
suggested I come perform in my bid to
build a name.
I went there with a friend of mine,we
had spent the last kobo on us
transporting ourselves and getting
food to eat as the event didn't start
early enough. Continue…
My performance was done @
about midnight. It was a great outing
for me. As it was time to leave,I met
with the show organisers hoping I'd be
paid for my service or get a little
change for transport. Unfortunately,
communication had gone wrong somehow
as they thought I was doing the
performance for free.
It dawned on me at that moment, that I
was in trouble.
My friend and I then decided to just
hang around as the concert was still on
and our last hope was that we might get
a free ride.
By 2am, the concert was still banging in
full swing and I was totally exhausted.
While moving around I met Six Foot Plus
and Terry D Rapman…now, I was a big
fan of their work and so we got talking.
It so happened that they loved my
performance that evening so we hit it
off immediately.
After some minutes of small talk, I
swallowed my ego and pride and brought
myself to ask Six Foot Plus for
transport money, he didn't have much on
him but he split what he had and gave
me N60 which was more than enough to
cover our bus fare.
We happily bounced out from the
concert, confident. We approached the
main road and as God will have it,there
was a bus going our way. In 30mins we
were in Yaba, walking to Railway
Compound-Ebute Meta where I was
staying.
By 4am I lay in my little corner, the end
of another successful day in my
struggle for relevance, I was happy at
my chance to perform.
Exhausted by my ordeal but most
importantly, I was grateful for that
rapper who shared all he had on him with
me, my new friend and saving grace, Six
foot Plus.

For More updates and real time reactions, follow us on http://facebook.com/BukolaSamuelsBlog

0 Comments, Replies, Suggestions, Yarns: